I find that very hard to believe when I can't get a receipt from T-Mobile after paying my cell phone bill.
After calling in for 17 minutes I accept the terms and they can charge my Visa over the phone.
Then I ask where I can view / get a receipt of my payment (because the fucking government need to see this when I claim I paid $119 to use my phone).
- We can send a text message with your confirmation number.
- Sure, but for what?
- For your records.
- I just need a receipt, so I can prove to the government that I'm deducting my income with $119 for cell phone usage. Surely I can't be the first one to ask for a receipt.
- I will talk to my supervisor if we can give you a receipt.
After 2-3 minutes..
- Yes you can contact our customer relations and they can probably help you.
Do you want their address?
- Address??!! Like address as in me mailing a letter from Sweden (come tax time) to get a receipt?
- Aha, yes. Mailing a letter to them is the only way you can receive a receipt as proof of payment.
Do you want the address Sir?
- No, I do not want the address.
Really?! This is what the world has come to? Me wasting 20 min on the phone with a person who has the brain capacity of a straw (and speaks very limited english) just to find out I can' get a receipt...?
So for my 2009 taxes I'll be missing some receipts and if the government denies my deductions I'll just go back to the gun range in Oceanside.
This is only one of a dozen stupid hassles with T-Mobile. They truly are very very very very very very very very very bad at what they are supposed to do...; connect my calls.