Thursday, October 05, 2006

Crayfish party in the OC

So I haven´t blogged for a while, sorry. Been doing other stuff and I can´t find my new camera + Hjalle lagged on sending his pictures.
I went up to LA / Manhattan Beach and hung out with Hjalle on friday. We ate nachos and went to Venice Beach to meet up with Bobby Meeks (ex pro boarder-turn Nike dude). We arrived around 23.00 I think. Bobby had been there for a while and had a good buzz. I ordered a Red Bull vodka to wake up a little, but they only served beer and wine! Yuck.. I don´t drink that stuff. But Bobby found a cider that was like white wine and apple juice, it was ok, not like scandinavian cider which is the bomb.
We hung out there until 0.30 or something and headed back to Hjalles, nothing special. Watched some snowboard videos and half an episode of LOST.
Sat we lagged but made it to the Santa Monica Mall to have some sweet food court food. Americans hate food court food, but I LOVE it. So tasty and affordable. No bullshit or tipping like a resturant. I had Mongolian Bbq and it was ok, but at least I only spent 7$.
Then Hjalle bought some rancid Crayfish (I hate shell fish so I was into the party from a social point of view) at some fancy fish market, I guess you couldn´t eat them, smelled horrible. The bag was like a reverse Wunderbaum tree in his car.
Travis Parker (pro boarder) who I randomly saw at the office parking lot a few days before took the train from Oceanside to LA to join us for the crayfish party. So we picked him up in a sketchy part of LA where I wouldn´t roam around too long after dark. It´s hard to explain how there´s a ghetto 200 meters from the nicest area. But that´s how it is here. So if you take a wrong exit from the freeway you could encounter some weirdos.
Before we headed down to Huntington Beach me and Travis went for a skate session in the sunset. It was really nice. Played add-a-trick and S-K-A-T-E which is like "kasta gris" in Sweden, but with skate tricks. Travis did a sweet smith stall to his surprise. As we got all sweaty we got in the car and drove down, just like any other girl would do after a work out, right?

The party was fun, some swedes and some americanos. This one lady was weird, and had her pants pulled up 20 cm above her belly button. But everyone else seemed nice.
For some reason I was really hungover the day after. I wasn´t even that drunk. But I guess that happens.

Since the weekend I´ve worked, done laundry, sunbathed, watched LOST (third season just started) and I´m not even a LOST fan. But I watched this recap online that was like 90 minutes, so now I´m up to speed.

I´m gonna try and find my camera, sucks if it´s lost, but I´m 95% sure that it´s in my car.

This is Travis and Hjalle eating nasty shell fish. I ate Taco Bell just before so I didn´t have to rely on nasty crayfish.




The girls who put it on, Anna, Keya and Kajsa did a good job. Totally swedish atmosphere, it was sweet. Sang "Helan går" and stuff.



There was a dude half naked in the bathroom at 3 in the moring. At 9 he had puke all over him. Lame.



This is me sleeping. I guess someone gave me a nametag and wrote POO on it. Like my name was POO.., funny?



This is me sleeping at the same Taco Bell in Huntington beach as I ate 12 hours before. But I was too hung over to eat. It was the first, and only, time I hope I didn´t finish Taco Bell food.



When I got home I ordered this 19$ pizza from Domino. It was the first time I had pizza delivered. I found out the day after when I drove by Domino´s that they had a pizza twice the size for 7$ to carry out. Now that´s a good deal.

No comments: