Sunday, October 22, 2006

Last weekend (13-14th)

DEF LEPPARD (and almost JOURNEY) Last friday



I was bummed this entire weekend because I left my camera in Del Mar, but I managed with my cell phone and I borrowed Hjalmar´s camera. I later found my camera in the passanger seat on monday... I´m smart like that.
I left Del Mar at 4.15 in the afternoon on friday to make it to Hollywood by 7.30. Alexis and Marius (well first only Marius) decided to join. I was fairly exited about the concert. I mean it´s Journey and Def Leppard! I love those two bands. Any time I hear "Don´t Stop Believing" I go nuts. It´s my best, and possibly only karaoke song. But fridays and driving in souther California isn´t that sweet. Last time I drove the 100 miles / 160 km to Hollywood it took 6 hours and this friday it took... yeah, 5.5 hours.
So I met up with Lexi and Marius at 9.45 and we made it just in time for Def Leppard. They started with 4 new songs or something which was kinda lame. But the hits came after a while. The venue, Hollywood Bowl, was awesome. Huge auditorium with the hollywood sign in the background.
After the concert I drove south towards Manhattan Beach to stay at Hjalmar´s. But I texted Bobby on my way down and he told me to drop by a bar in Venice, so I did.
It was a cool bar where I met some swedes (this one girl Fay spoke perfect swedish since she had a mom from LuleƄ who married an american fellow). The nice people who work at WE Clothing / WESC were at the club too. Pretty random that they were there. Small world sometimes.

After the bar I was looking forward to go to Hjalle´s. But someone else thought I should pay 260$ + cab fare to go get my car that got towed while I was in the bar.
I had trouble finding th eno parking sign when I noticed my car, and 10 others, were gone. But there was a sign. It was soooooooooooooo lame. And I had to pay extra for like 4 things they came up with. Such pricks. I have pics on my phone but I couldn´t figure out a way to get them to my computer right now. 260$! That hurt... I finally got to Hjalle´s at 3.30 in the morning or something.




Saturday.

I went to Burbank in the morning to work (transfer 16mm film to videotape). That took all day. I then headed towards Bevery Hills where Hjalmar had a spare bed in his hotel room.


Me and Hjalle at his hotel room in Bevery Hills. The hotel was pretty nice. Suge Knight (infamous record label dude and all around bad guy) stays at this hotel. He is confined with one of thoses electric foot braces, so he wanted to hang out at this hotel. I didn´t see him. But if I would´ve I would have peed my pants I think.


There are no 13th floors in the US. Is it like that in Sweden too? I don´t know. Haven´t stayed in too many hotels that have 13 floors in Sweden I guess.


Fuse TV had this award / party at Hjalmars hotel where the booze was free. I like free cocktails.


I left Hjalle at the hotel to meet up with a few others in Hollywood. This was the line to the club... it was pretty lame and took 8 phonecalls and some luck to get through. Hint, if you´re in LA on a weekend and don´t have hookups you´re not gonna be drinking at a "hip" club. Kind of like Stockholm.


This car was outside the club. It´s a Maybach and it´s very expensive. Maybe $400.000 or something like that. But they kind of blend in here with the Rolls´s and Aston Martins.


Aria (left) had the hook ups for this bar, thanks Aria. Alexis and Melissa also smiles for the european photographer. I don´t know if that´s Marius´smile. But he´s surrounded by chicas. I know that.

Me and Marius screaming something. We had a good time. But stayed a little conservative due to the roller coaster plans for sunday.

No comments: