Friday, October 20, 2006

oct 20. LA again / Burton film premier








So I went to LA for like the 4th time in a week yesterday. Luckily I got a ride with my buddies Jason and Kale.
We took a toll road to eliminate some traffic and we only had 4.75$ all togheter so we were hoping that the toll would be less than that. We barely made it. Would have been a 50$ fine if it was 5$... lucky us.
Ingemar actually drove my car through there a month ago without paying, so I got a fine... Ingo will pay it though. He just claimed he didn´t see the toll... maybe he was sleeping.

Jason treated us to amazing sushi (yes it was even better than Taco Bell) and then we met up with Hjalmar and sat down to watch this Burton / Hollywood film.

I liked some parts of it. Nicolas Muller was really good on camera, both talking and riding. Jeremy Jones was also really good. He had a few parts here and there and had some funny stuff coming out of his mouth.
Mads Jonsson had a cool section about his huge hip air from Hemdedal.

There was too much olympic drama though. They should have cut out a third or something. Way to much pipe drama and pipe isn´t that rad to watch I think. It´s cool to see alley oops and big airs, but people are just spinning nowadays (thanks judges). Looks so forced and dumb.
Heikki still had the best 1/2 pipe run in the Salt Lake olympics and didn´t even podium. Scandal.

Some Burton dudes where there too. Downing, JJ, Jussi, Terje, Nicolas, Keir etc.

Try and get a copy, it´s well worth a watch, maybe two.

Oh and I ran out of gas on the freeway.. hehe. My car doesn´t like being low on gas and going downhill, it stops. Luckily the next gas station didn´t require to drive downhill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to the Burton Movie tonight in SLC, I was kind of pumped to see it, but to much olympic pipe could get to me too. I am sure it'll be worth a look though.