Sunday, January 04, 2009

World record in "walking the dog"


This older freestyle (ancient skateboard discipline) dude named "Lillis" did 109 "walk the dog" steps in one minute. I think it´s a pretty hard record to beat (unless Mullen tries) since there are about 50 people on the planet who own a freestyle board and who might be able to do link 100 dog walks, let alone in 1 minute.

I don´t know what´s the funniest about this clip.
The fact that he even did it.
His helmet.
The camera guy´s steadycam style.
The camera guy´s aim (why would you film his face if it´s the feet doing the record?)
The fact that Rodney Mullen could beat him before breakfast tomorrow.
Or the fact that I´m sharing this with you.
All are pretty funny to me.

Here´s the clip:
www.expressen.tv/noje/rekord-tv/1.1407692/skateboardrekordet-ska-slas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come there is no mtn lab vid this year?

Pierre Wikberg said...

You mean why there isn´t one in stores now? I´d say a combination of me being over worked and DC sponsoring MDP´s Double Decade.

Anonymous said...

so theres going to be one?

Pierre Wikberg said...

No, there won´t be one.

I keep hearing the bad economy is to blame..?

Anonymous said...

hard to believe that any DC would put there interest into anyone else after the work produced on Mt. lab . . .

Angela said...

They asked if I wanted to set a record, I said OK and decided I wanted to do something that the kids could go out and try.

Why the helmet?:

http://www.bmxskolshow.se/