Friday, July 24, 2009

Eclipse

I went to see a total eclipse in France in the late 90´s. It was a pretty awesome experience.
This picture is from the one in France, taken from the Eiffel Tower, stolen from someone on Flickr.




Last week there was one in Asia.

Here are two clips of it. One with more or less unedited shots and one shot from an airplane.





Natural phenomenon's like these are really fascinating to me. Even the northern lights, which occur almost daily, in the winter time, where I grew up.
I remember another solar one that happened in Stockholm around 2001. It was at 5-6 in the morning and I was pretty alone out there taking photos.
Lunar ones are easier to see, and occur more often. I remember seeing one when I lived in New Haven around 2004.

I might try and educate myself a little better about when/where the next ones will happen. They are truly awesome.



No comments: