Monday, October 20, 2008

Nostalgic Robot Food / Lame Closing Segment

Found this today when I was youtubing:

It was a segment in the movie after the last part, but before the credits. Me and Jess figured we had too many sweet clips to fit into the credits and that yet didn´t fit into the individual parts.

Good times.

I came up with that tune cause I remember getting a really good vibe from an old (1995-ish?) Steve Berra part.

Haven´t seen that part in like ten years (until today) and I remember all the tricks very vividly. When watching old skate videos online nowadays it trips me out that I remember what trick is next in the line, how it´s caught and when the scene cuts.. those vhs tapes sure served their purpose.
Steve Berra always seem to pick pretty sweet tunes for his parts. He also has the best half cab flips in the business, with honorable mention to his bs flips and 360 flips.

One thing I never understood was why did they use a two similar half cab flips in the same part? One with a line and one solo. At the same spot (2:31 & 3:02). I´ll leave it for Patrick O´Dell to figure that out.

No comments: