Monday, March 05, 2007

Broken neck

So yesterday started out pretty sweet. Todd was gonna shed the Lab and I got Hampus and Jakob (friends from Sweden) and Anders (photdawg) to come ride as well.

After filming a few shots me and Anders walked to the side of a table top (where the snowshreddes fly over) and then I heard someone yell. Not really understanding why they were yelling it took me a sec to look up the hill... and yeah, there was a dude just about to land on me. I just got a glimse of the board before it hit my head. He drifted like 15 feet to the side from where his landing was and I didn´t even see him on the slope before he dropped in.

So after about 1 min of laying in the snow I felt that my neck was hurt. I could barely move it.
We called an ambulance and they showed up with a fire truck+ambulance.

Spent 6 hours in the hosptial on a rock hard sheet of platsic before I could call for a pick up.

So one of my vertebrae´s is in two pieces. The one that sticks out the most. I have this brace on which sucks. No filming, biking, snowboarding, lifting, backpacks etc for 6 weeks... Not that great for the movie...

The doctors said I was lucky. I guess paralyzation is pretty common when you hit your neck this bad.

Bummed.









15 comments:

Anonymous said...

aautch! inte soft. krya på dej dude.

Inreda Mera Hemma said...

Aj aj men krya på dig:-)

Anonymous said...

Som om inte din rygg och nacke hade varit med om nog!!!
Ta det lugnt, och krya på dig!

Anonymous said...

Aj son fan.
Krya på dig

Unknown said...

Jösses, har du inte haft nog med bekymmer med din rygg. Vi är glada att det verkar gått bra. Krya på dig!!
Kramar från Ekmans i Sollentuna

Anonymous said...

holy shit!!! pierre, i wish you all the best! Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Tycker bummed var lite för milt ord för denna händelse. Hoppas verkligen du läker ihop fint och blir lika pigg som när du var 20-29års åldern!

viktoria cederberg said...

Hörde av Stina.. Shit pommes frites. Men otroligt tur i oturen, ta hand om dig....

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear, glad u are not paralized.
T

Anonymous said...

Guttted- glad your gonna be ok.

Anonymous said...

Super glad you're not paralyzed man. That's scary stuff. You should check out Mark-Andre Belliveau's story, he was a really talented proskier who wasn't as fortunate last season. He does work with Stand Strong Again foundation.

Anonymous said...

Krya på dig Pierre!!!

Nils B

Anonymous said...

Hoppas du får en bra väg tillbaks utan hinder.

ola said...

Var rädd om dej själv och var försiktig. Tänk på att du har minst 50,år till att leva.När allt är över blir det nickövningar i furis i sommar.
Ola

shelbywhite said...

I was just checking back on the blog, and saw this! I see by the photos/text that everything is coming back to normal.

Wish you well though.


ShelbyW