Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy late birthday to me.


So I noticed I haven´t blogged anything about me turning 30 (feb 15)... it might have something to do with me being in denial.

But 30 is the new 20.

Here are some pics from feb 15:




I had some swedes over this week. So me and the swedes plus my filmer Spring Break Jake and DC Mtn Lab handyman Nick took some of the DC sleds for a ride. 4 of them were brand new, so they needed to break in. We drove around for a couple of hours, got stuck a few times, jumped some jumps. It was a good time.




My b-day was on a thursday, so I figured it would be more fun to have a party on the 16th (friday). Here are some pics from the 16th:




We started out at Brighton for some pow. It was really good pow. I told the swedes that Utah had no snow (didn´t snow for four weeks prior to their arrival) but they got lucky and scored some pow. Brighton had maybe 50 cm this day. And I was on a 154 cm board, not smart.




Then I went and bought snacks. beer, alcohol and wine coolers for the party. The swedes found a helium balloon in my closet that said Happy Birthday, pretty funny. It´s still chillin in the ceiling, 6 weeks later. Maybe 15 or 20 people showed up and we later decided to go to Sidebar in Park City. The Roots were playing in Park City too, but tickets were 40$ or something. It was a fun night.














I didn´t have any riders in town to film, so after hearding that Snowbird didn´t open half of their runs on friday I started to sober up and drink water so I could make the 6am wake up call (went to sleep at 3.30). Most of the swedes were game to go, but David wasn´t feeling that great. He thought drinking wine until 3 in the morning would do wonders for his hangover. He also lost Hjalles cell phone in the pow the day before. Right after I told everyone to zip up their pockets.

We made it in the 2nd chair and had an awesome day (only rode until 12.30 or something). David isn´t in the group pic because he was probably puking at the lodge. I found my friends Chris Saydah and Noah Brandon, they are locals here and took us for some sweet runs. One of the best runs was on the next door resort Alta. Alta is a faschist resort that only allows skiing. But we broke the law and got some sweet turns that the stupid skiers don´t even ride.
Here are some pics from feb 17th:





















So that was my birthday weekend. Not lame. Can´t wait to turn 40.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vad hände med bilderna på tjejen med skidorna!

Malin said...

helt galen åkning va?