Thursday, December 03, 2009

I was wrong.

Even though I thought it was definitely a possibility I didn´t want to believe that Shaun would dress up as the Wendy's Hamburger girl for Halloween and show the photo on all the talk shows claiming he didn't want Tony Hawk coming over to his party to Twitter a photo..

But Tony did come over and posted this photo on his Twitter.


And yes, the outfit was good. But if it was to make money of Wendy's it was imho a really lame idea.
Apparently Wendy's were already sponsoring Shaun's video game and had logo placements in it.
And I think it's cool that Shaun goes to Leno, Letterman etc and plugs his video games and stuff. But I don't think it's cool to plug Wendy's like it was a spur of the moment costume that just happened to spread like Swine Flu and conveniently made it onto prime time tv when it was a planned marketing strategy.

Now I'm sure Shaun and his entourage made some sweet dollars from this and good for them, but I still think it was a lame move. And yes I know, my opinion doesn't matter to about 99.999999999999% of the people who buy Shauns game, snowboards, clothing etc.
He's going to win the Olympics and everyone at Wendy's will be happy.

Who knows.. maybe Wendy's will have a flying tomato on their menu soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said - you make much sense, people are suckers for media stunts. We are the stuntmen for the mainstream media's course for creative destruction.

You were right.
Eric

Portland, Oregon
12-4-09