Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Last week...

So I was planning on going on vacation and stuff... but no. The dvd needed some attention. So I flew to Seattle and then to Utah to fix it.

Then there was a premier in Orem Utah as well... so I stayed for that.

Crop circles from above (these pics were taken from my Chicago trip actually)

Grand Canyon

These party pics are from the day before my Seattle trip. I went out in San Diego with the three finns. They are fun company. We had a great night with lots of Mojitos and Long Island ice teas.

Notice the creepy dude with the smile who snuck into the photo.. like what the fuck?

We got back to my house (which is 30 min/70$) from San Diego at like 4 in the morning. I hadn´t packed my stuff for my Seattle-Utah trip yet and the shuttle was picking me up at 6.30...

The limo driver knocked on the door at 6.20 so I stood up (I was asleep on the couch) packed my stuff and took off to San Diego again.

I slept the short drive to the airport. And even though I was in good time I missed my flight!

I didn´t have an american i.d on me so they thought I was Al-Quaida... they searched my stuff for almost an hour. And my friend Todd texted me and laughed cause he was on the Seattle flight and said they were almost done boarding and that they´ve been calling my name in the speakers.... I made it to the gate, but they had closed the airplane door 10 sec before I got there... it was now 9 in the morning, next flight was at 6 in the evening.. which would get me to Seattle at 11 at night. I had to be in Salt Lake City around lunch the day after that! Awesome..

I talked my self into getting on the sold out 2.30 flight that afternoon since 6 wasn´t an option.
100$ later of course.
So what to do now? It was 9 in the morning and I was still drunk from the night before and I had slept very little. I didn´t feel like sleeping on the floor my the gate so I took a cab into SD to watch (sleep) a movie. But after going to two theaters in downtown that were closed I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. I had some mexi food and lots of water to wake up and went to the modern art museum.. it was also closed. Then I went to the train station to sleep. That lasted 20 sec. Some rent a cop told me to get my feet off the seats.
Arrrghh. Took a cab back to the airport. Went to security, this time it took 2 min to go through. I´m amazed with the inconsistency at airport security. I could write a short book about the things I´ve seen on the other side of the security checkpoint. I for one have had knives, leathermans and other illegal stuff in my carry on luggage.

The security dude who had searched through my bags a few hours prior came up to me and asked why I was back. I looked at him and said I missed my flight by 10 sec and that my friend in Seattle had to find a new best man for his wedding thanks to his lame ass decision to go through my stuff for an hour. He was too dumb to understand what I said.

So it was probably around 11 now. I laid down on the floor right next to the gate and slept until they boarded the plane. It must have looked pretty funny with a dude sleeping for three hours on the floor 20 feet away from the gate. Whatever.

Made it to Seattle. Cruised around the city for a min after I had checked into my hotel (Hotel Max, very recommended). Then I met up with Andy who was re-authoring the dvd for me. We went to get some salsa that you can only buy at Fred Meyer (food store) and then went to his house to oversee the final stages of the authoring. Then went well and he drove me back to my hotel after midnight.

I always check out the local free papers in new cities. This one had my friend Jon Olsson on the cover.. felt pretty strange to see him on there.
This house had a cement skatepark in their front yard!

Seattle / Tacoma airport from above
Slept really good and woke up to Andy calling me with the finished product on his way to my place. We had coffee (Seattle has sooooo many coffee places, I counted over a dozen Starbucks in four blocks) and then he drove me to the airport.

My friend Nick picked me up in SLC and we took the dvd/dlt master to a place who makes the glass master that the replicator then makes copies from.

SLC from above

We went to the Mtn Lab to pick up a car for me. Subaru is lending out some cars to DC for the year, so I drove off in a WRX STI rice rocket. That thing is soooooo fast. I couldn´t even hit the gears correct. It is stupid fast.
No snow at the Lab in mid november.. it was sunny and warm.

For the next few days I hung out with friends and tried to relax. But I wanted to make a teaser for the movie since the one I had worked on (and had leaked to youtube in some mysterious way) never got music clearance. Which was happening according do some people working for the band. They did get back with an offer, but they wanted so much money I was laughing. The music industry is strange.

But I never got into the zone to edit a new one with music we could license on short notice...

Some of the crowd at the premier. It was a smaller premier in the small mormon town of Orem. Still fun to go to.

Me and Nick at a photo art show / sushi bar / cocktail place. It was a great time.

Me and my Utah hostess / personal chef / Wii tennis competitor

My friend Chris had a sick Blunt t-shirt with Ingemar (Backman) on it. That day in late may of 1996 gave him like 10 magazine covers or something. And it was the start for my snowfilming career. This kid Stevie Bell (pro boarder for Forum) wondered why we were so hyped on the t-shirt. We gave him the 10 sec explanation, but he didn´t know who Ingemar was... haha. So sad

Flew back to OC with Eddie (who got a lighter on board for some reason, yeah security is air tight)

We landed in Irvine at like 4 in the afternoon. I then got a ride to some friends in San Clemente who were on their way towards my hood. But one of my finnish friends beat them to it. So I took of with him and his friends. Threw my stuff into my house, went to the bar. They got sick of the bar and wanted to go back up to OC (mellow 1 hour drive one way). So I tagged along. Went to a bar in Newport, went to the finns house, slept, went to a bbq and then got a ride back down to my house. It was one cray improvised day.

Now I´m just hangin in Cardiff. Watched a good movie today "Lars And The Girl".

I miss Sweden.. wish I could go back sooner, but there´s a lot of stuff to do here..

Might go to New York before that too, who knows...

Bye bye.

1 comment:

Dave said...

That picadillo salsa at Freddie's is good ish. I'll buy cheap-ass Mexi-food and through that on any of it. BOOM Twice as good now!

Stoked for the DVD!