Sunday, November 05, 2006

Halloween

So on tuesday I woke up in Mexico and went for a swim in the ocean and got worked by 2 meter waves that slammed me into the sand.
I landed in San Diego that afternoon and was planning on going to a halloween party with some friends in Carlsbad, but after driving for 2 hours, 8 phonecalls (trying to find a Star Wars Jedi costume) and no tickets to the main event that evening I was over it...
I drove home and felt sorry for myself for a while even considering wearing my wetsuit as a costume...
At ten I started driving to meet up with some finnish friends and Eddie. They were in San Clemente which is about an hour north in southern Orange County. I went as Pierre in a black t-shirt...

I got there and felt great.
Eddie was dressed as Shaun White, Eero was a nun, Paavo was a fat american tourist, Lauri was a punker/Green Day-ish and Iikka was a clown.







The finns started bailing out and before I knew it it was just me and Eddie left.
Since driving wasn´t an option at this stage i just tagged along with Him and ended up his former sponsor / friend Raul´s house. I drank water and puked, played with their chihuahua Madonna and slept a few hours.






The next day I made it to a greesy pizza place and hung out on the beach until making it back to Del Mar. I felt good the next day and went straight to work.

No comments: