Monday, February 09, 2009

Pretty creative commercial.

I liked certain things with this commercial.

Some things I didn´t get is/was; what´s the commercial for?

I know it´s for a brand named Protest and I´m pretty sure they do snowboard related stuff, but if I (who works within the snowboard industry) doesn´t even know what Protest is/does (and no, I won´t google it to find out) who´s the target market for this commercial?

And I hate the song, almost as much as I hate Håkan Hellström, or One Republic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see that someone from the US doesn't know about Protest, but I'm surprised that you never even heard about them since you're European.

They have been around for a many years now and is actually starting to get some traction over i Europe. I guess that deserves some credit because they started to invest a lot of money back into the sport even though they have been considered a shit brand (and in many ways still is). They started to try to change their image a couple of years back when they where the main sponsor of Air&Style. After that they changed focus to rookies and they run the TTR rookies series. I think the guy in the commercial is a swedish rookie, Zebastian Landmark. Their team isn't the hottest, but they are constantly fishing for new talent to get on board and I have to say that they aren't as clueless as they seem.

/Kristoffer

Anonymous said...

haha, kolla suiten vettu.. Han läxar upp dig Pierre. Bara så du vet, det där e Martin Sandbergs brorson.

Anonymous said...

hehe, det vet du!
/K

Anonymous said...

now I stay in touch!