Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Financial Crisis

Here´s a 10 min clip where Peter Schiff calls out the current financial crisis years ago, almost to the tee.
It´s really amazing, especially since he´s more or less laughed at by big guns like Arthur Laffer (Reagan´s financial advisor and investor) and Ben Stein (political and economical celebrity).


I love when Ben is suggesting to buy Merril Lynch stock at the "might as well give them away in a cereal box" bargain price of $76.04.
They were worth $9.60 today (even down 16% from yesterday).



Or Charles from wstreet.com best pick for 2008 - Washington Mutual
(one of America´s largest banks) at the bargain price of $13.07 at the end of 2007.
Today it was worth $0.039... wow.




I´d like to put these words in Peter Schiff´s mouth:
- "I told you so"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

INSANITY! Funny how all the people who had something to lose (brokers) talked boom. My high-school education has served me better than these morons. I sold my house 2 years ago, and eliminated all debt 3 months ago knowing full well that all the stupid decisions in the market were going to lead to this. Get a grip America...and actually LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS!

Anonymous said...

sorry for the rant...