Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eric Koston with a sweet manny trick and deep deep thoughts about boarders and their video parts

Here´s Koston´s 1440 manual:
www.crailtap.com/c3/newrandoms/Demo_Koston_101508_N_360_nw_spin_out_.mov

I love watching Koston doing tricks like this.
I was never a big fan of who did what down those stairs or that ledge.
To me it was always more entertaining to watch the pros do things on obstacles that me and the not-so-good skaters could relate to.

I like Eric´s manny line at 1:22 in this clip.
There are some other sweet shots in this part too, like the line with the nollie back foot impossible as well as other team manager pleasing tricks.


That´s the vibe I´ve been trying to put out in snow videos as well. Like why does (did) Travis Parker need to do a fs 5, fs 9, bs 7 , 22 stair bs lipslide back in the days he did video parts?
Well he didn´t and I´m very happy about that cause I rather watch him play around with his footplants and rodeos into trees etc than to see his list of "must do" (that he could do if he wanted to) tricks get marked off by a team manager.
Like when we used Travis failed attempt of a double backflip in Lame, it´s a shame not more riders could get away with that.

It´s like if Tiger Woods came to your town.
Would you rather see him play the local 18 hole course surrounded by a bunch of stuck up elitist golfers or go to the park and play with a couple of balls and aim for trees and other fun things in the line of fire?
I´d choose Woods in the park.

Here are Travis parts from Afterbang (2002) and Lame (2003).
Trav, thanks for doing this at a time where most pro shreds weren´t.

1 comment:

jweb said...

couldn't agree more... i was always stoked to see that it was still fun just to ride for those guys. thanks for always making fun movies that showed what a good time snowboarding can be. robot food are still and will always be my favorite movies.