Sunday, July 01, 2007

Took out the tumor.







So three weeks ago I took the trian down to Gothenburg to take out the tumor I had just found a few months prior.

The train took 20 hours or something, but it was kind of mellow.

The surgery was succesful. But I´ve had pretty inconvenient complications afterwards. On doctors orders I stayed in Gothenburg for a few days afterwards. Me and Stina stayed at her sisters place and I was pretty useless. I was kind of on drugs, tired and stuff. I did manage to go outside for a few hours but I wasn´t the best company. My face hurt too much to be in a good mood.

I asked the doctor if I could keep the tumor after the surgery but he said I couldn´t. He said he´d take a picture of it though. But he forgot too. It was 3x3.5 cm and it sat right under/inside of my ear. I´m happy that it´s out of there, for sure. Good thing I went to a private clinic for a second opinion. Otherwise the government healthcare wouldn´t have removed it for a year, maybe two. Oh yeah, and the surgery took three hours.

After I made it up north again I had to drive to a hospital a few hours away to check up on some swelling. They cut me open and drained some crap out of my cheek. I was pretty pale after that and stayed overnight since I had to go back there the day after regardless.

And when they later took the stiches, almost 2 weeks ago now I´ve been leaking saliva and stuff out of my scar, not rad. My ear is pretty numb and it´s very inconvenient to have that stuff coming out all the time. Can´t wait to get on a plane to San Diego on tuesday morning...

Besides that I guess I´ve been logging footage for the DC snowboard video. But that´s been going real slow too, mostly due to the aftermath of my surgery.

On midsummer there´s was a huge horse race in town, so I went to that, but didn´t win any money.., nor did I spend any...
A lady in Bygdeå, about 100km south of Skellefteå did win 43.000.000 sek (over 6.000.000 $) on horses this week, good for her.



The weather has been good, except the last few days. But I have to hide in the shade with my scar. I will miss Sweden, but I´m really amped to put this snowboard movie together too.





Hekla. I throw her a lot of sticks. She never get´s tired of it. Her mom does tough.






My filmer friend Jake Price has been looking for my future office/home in north San Diego as well. I guess we have something, so hopefully that will work out when I get there.

I´m trying my hardest to get a VERY limited edition PK Ripper BMX bike form DC too, hopefully I can get my hands on one! The iphone on the other hand... that´s a completly different story.

/ Pierre

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guy,
I am selling the PK Ripper bike if you are interested:
http://www.gumtree.com/london/14/11355914.html
To collect in Central London.
Thanks
Hugo