Saturday, July 21, 2007

On the floor

I´ve been editing on the floor for the past week. Yesterday I had to move to the couch, but that almost killed my back too. Anyway, should move into a house this weekend.

I did get my new computer though, very happy about that.

So I didn´t go to opening day in Del Mar (horse race) nor have I been to a bar since I got here. I can only think of one weekend in the past 3 months when I got drunk... I could be wrong but it´s still been the driest summer in the past 10 years.

David Beckham is playing today in Orange County, was considering going, but he´s not starting and I have work to do. Could be fun to see Chelsea kill the LA Galaxy team though.

There´s a pretty funny bike contest going on here today. The Neptue 500. I doubt this would work in Sweden.. I´ll tell you why.
You have to wear a costume and ride a tandem bike, or tie 2 bikes together with a 1 meter rope. Then you hit up like six bars where you have to take a drink at each one and the team who makes is back first wins. I´m guessing the route is about 6 km.

So basically you´re getting drunk at three in the afternoon and riding your bike on the 101 highway. Hmm, don´t think IOGT in Sweden would like that.

I´m not doing it, but a lot of my friends are. And when they´re done I bet 90% of them will throw their bikes on their pick ups and drive back, drunk. Nobody here cares really. Not even the cops.

What else: I eat a lot of fruit and try to not gain weight, which is kind of hard here when you can´t go outside or exercise. The one thing that helps is that I only eat maybe twice a day because my scar is still leaking when I eat.

Bye / Pierre

No comments: