Monday, July 09, 2007

Arrived in California

Last week in Sweden was pretty bad, health wise. I have saliva and some other crap running down my neck. It´s leaking out of a tiny whole in my scar. I guess it could stay like that for a month. It´s been 18 days so far, not happy about that.
Every time I eat it starts running down.. so I have to use a napkin to absorb it every time.

I did get to go to the festival in Skelleftea. It´s been years since I went. Everyone in town are drinking for 3 days straight so it´s a fun time. I just wished I was healty enough to enjoy it to the fullest.

June 2007 was the most sober june I´ve had in.., hmm 10 years I think.


Playing "kubb" on midsummer.

Good bbq at midsummer. I´ll miss all the good flavored sparkling waters from Sweden, and Brämhults juice





The aftermath. My face has been pretty swollen... Had to drain in twice and now it´s still pretty swollen


If you look close, you can see Stina, on her phone, as always.

Stina and Hekla. Beautiful swedish evening, and yes, still on her phone






I made it over the pond in time for 4th of july. Americans likes to get wasted on 4th of july, and I mean wasted, like finnish lapplanders on midsummer wasted. I´m sure over 50% of the cars on the roads have drunk drivers. The police doesn´t really care about that though, as long as you don´t drink in public they are cool.

Here´s a rat I found in my storage unit, not awesome


Pacific beach is party central in San Diego. The beach is maybe 4 kilometers long, and there are tens of thousands of drunk people here. I was the only sober one there I think. It´s pretty fun to see all there college kids act like idiots. If only their parents knew










This last weekend I was in LA to see some skate event that DC was having. It was ok, lots of am´s throwing their bodies down a 10 stair handrail... and it was hot. Maybe 30 celcius.
I can´t expose my scar to the sun, and I can´t use sunscreen either because then that stuff gets inside of my cheek and that can´t be good. So everytime I´ve been in the sun I´m wearing a hooded sweashirt. Kind of a pain, but better than using an umbrella.

Stairs to skateboard on

LA / Hollywood DC party. This is with www.reneerenee.com

Filming Hollywood itself

An airplane wrote "underdog" in the sky when I was passing downtown LA. Kind of weird. He started to write a phone number or something too, but I didn´t see it



Living at my friend´s the Engelsmans and Sorensen for now. Hopefully we´ll (me and filmer, Jake Price) be approved for this sweet house we´ve applied for. Should know tomorrow.

I also bought a new Apple Mac Book Pro today, pretty happy about that. Not to happy about the fact that they will come out with an awesome upgrade in september... but I couldn´t wait any longer.
And I also bought my FIRST ipod today. Which I think is pretty amazing. I almost bought on the first day it came out, in 2001 0r someting, but for some reason I didn´t... I have used an ipod shuffle since last year, but that doesn´t count.
Actually I lied about it being my first ipod purchase. It´s more like my 15th (no lie) but those were gifts or ordered by friends in Sweden, or ones I gave away and never got reimbursed for. But now I have my own, not that I needed one... I just felt like adding one to my cart. The computer was so expensive so it seemed like a drop in the ocean.

No comments: